Saturday, March 26, 2011

chick update

The chicks are growing quickly, going from little round balls of fluff to slightly more stretched-out birds with lengthening necks and a few more wing feathers. I wanted to document the development from amorphous fuzz to the beautiful feather patterns of the Barred Plymouth Rock and the Silver Laced Wyandotte.

Barred Plymouth Rock, 3 or 4 days old

Barred Plymouth Rock, about one week old

Silver Laced Wyandotte, 3 or 4 days old

Silver Laced Wyandotte, about one week old
After our first heat lamp blew, we got a fixture with a red-colored bulb. It doesn't have the glaring brightness, which is nice for the birds but not so nice for trying to capture them on video. But you can see that they are active, pecking and scratching and moving around a lot. These are all good signs.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, they are little bundles of cuteness, I wish I could hold them! My DD and I would sit all day long and play with them!

    ReplyDelete

Responses from cool people—please be sure to visit their blogs as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...